, , , , , , ,

Pinspirations and a class...

5:01:00 PM

Sticker Resist Paintings

Via

I have not done a pinspiration in a while and it is about time. This time however I am going to be doing something a little bit different. All of my Pinspirations thus far have been things you could come into the studio and do on your own during our open studio, however I have not had too many takers...so this time I am going to turn it into a class! If you like this Pinspiration consider signing up for our class tutorial. The class will be held in the studio:

Friday March 11th a
6:30-8:30 pm
$35

You will be making an 18x24 inch painting using this fun technique. All supplies are included!
Class is limited to 8 participants and tickets must be bought in advance through the link below.

Purchase Tickets

For this Pinspiration I was inspired by a few different Pins. The hearts above use the sticker resist method, but I have really been liking the circle art popping up all over my Pinterest boards lately so I thought I would go that route with this project.
Via; Via


Here is my take on the project:

This project was quick and easy, but a ton of fun. I took a very simple approach but i am already thinking of alternate ideas that might make this even cooler! The sky is the limit!
Here is my approach:

Step 1















The First thing I did was paint my background and I chose to do a gradient for that, but a solid color would look nice as well.

Step 2











I used a heat gun to dry the gradient layer and then cut circles out of sticky back vinyl  (similar to contact paper). I used my die cutter to cut the circles in various sizes.

Step 3















I then arranged my cutouts on the background making sure to really stick all the edges down and get a good seal. I chose to paint the entire background black, but I think next time I might try a lighter color so that I can add stems for a more organic flower like shape similar to the gray one above. There are really a lot of different arrangements and designs that could be done with this.
I hope you are getting some good ideas for the class, I know I am!
During the class you will be given an 18x24 inch canvas, access to the die cutter and sticky back vinyl to make your circles. You will be free to use what ever color acrylic paints you choose and to arrange your image as you would like. We will be learning the process, but the painting will be original and all yours!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join the fun!

Join the fun!
Be sure to sign up for our news letter to receive updates on classes and events happening in the studio. You will also get creative inspirations from our blog. Plus when you sign up you get access to our creativity boosting freebies!

Sign up for updates

* indicates required