, , , , , ,

Pinspiration: Snowflake Ballerina

3:33:00 PM

I have been busy decorating the shop for the Holiday season and preparing for all of our holiday classes. One of the fun decorations I found on Pinterest was this pretty little snowflake ballerina!

This was from krokotak.com

Mine may not be quite as well made as this version, but I had a great time making her and I think she looks pretty hanging in the shop!
I used the template provided for the ballerina and I hand sketched similar snowflake patterns to the ones provided in the tutorial. I used regular printer paper and added a coating of modepodge for a bit more strength and a touch of silver glitter to give her a little sparkle. I then sewed a white string through her and the snowflake and added a couple of beads to give her a bit more sparkle and a little weight. I glued the snowflake skirt to her with a regular glue stick.
This was a quick and fairly simple little project and all in all I am happy with the results. If I were going to do one again I think I would have cut the ballerina out of a thicker paper to give her more structure though.
If you want to try your hand at this or any other holiday craft just come on down to the studio during our open studio hours and give it a go! Through the end of the month we have half off open studio sessions so what are you waiting for!?!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join the fun!

Join the fun!
Be sure to sign up for our news letter to receive updates on classes and events happening in the studio. You will also get creative inspirations from our blog. Plus when you sign up you get access to our creativity boosting freebies!

Sign up for updates

* indicates required