, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Visualize Your Year...

12:00:00 PM


What is a Vision Board?

A vision board is a visual reminder of your personal goals, dreams, and ambitions. Having a visual reminder that you look at everyday can help you to stay focused on what it is you truly want out of life. They can be general or focused around a certain theme such as career or relationships... 

Visualization is a powerful tool to help you maintain a clear vision and attract the things you are focusing on into your life, "The Law of Attraction."


So what is the Law of Attraction?

The Law of Attraction basically says that whatever you think about is what you attract into your life, good or bad. It is similar to the idea of Karma in that what you put out into the universe is what you get back. However, Karma comes from the Sanskrit word for "action" which focuses on your deeds/actions while the Law of Attraction focuses on your thoughts. Your past actions can influence your thoughts if you choose for them to, but your thoughts are not your actions. 
Where as the idea of Karma is more of a reward/punishment idea, the Law of attraction places no judgement on your thoughts. Good or bad your thoughts are where you place your energy. If they are positive in nature your energy is radiating postitivity and thus attracting positivity. The same is true with negativity. The emphasis is placed on the "Now," What are you putting your focus on now?


Positive thinking and Visualization

It is not always easy to think positively. Sometimes it happens that life seems to be kicking you in the rear! I have had this experience a lot over the past several years, but what I began to notice slowly is that when I feel down and out my luck tends to go that way. When I feel positive my luck tends to go that way...
It is not that things will never go wrong if I feel positive, they will from time to time. It is just that I am equipped to handle them, to roll with the punches and to rebound faster than if I let myself bog down. 
So I began to ask myself how do I turn this negativity in my life around? I came to the answer that I have to change my thoughts. I discovered the Law of Attraction. I am by no means an expert on this topic, I am a newbie! I am just learning, but I feel empowered. I feel a change coming and I am ready.

I was introduced to the idea of vision boards sometime ago, but I have never made one until this year! As I began thinking about my goals, and dreams for 2017 I began to research vision boards, I became very excited about the idea of a visual reminder of my goals for the year, for my life! I decided to include a vision board project in my new class series Creative Self Care and I included a vision board project in our January Yoga and Art Class. My business partner, Brynn also had the awesome idea to host a vision board class in our studio for First Friday! See what happens when you put your thoughts in a certain direction! ;) you have vision board classes popping out of the wood works, lol.


Carrying your intention forward

So New Year Resolutions are quite popular. It is easy to be inspired by a new year, a new you, but what happens as the days turn into weeks? The weeks into months? Well for me (and many of you too, I imagine), I tend to forget those thoughts, those good intentions. I tend to get wrapped up in the day to day and all of those goals and dreams are pushed out of sight. This is where a Vision Board comes in handy. When you create your vision board and use it, you give yourself a visual reminder every day of those intentions you set for yourself! Hang it somewhere you see it each day. Let it help you stay focused and connected to your dreams and goals. Keep them in you thoughts as you go through each day and attract these things into your life!

Create your Vision Board


Material List
·         Large Board or thick paper
                (Poster board, foam core, or cork board work well)
·         Pictures, words or phrases cut from magazines or printed out
·         Scissors
·         Glue (You could also use tacks if using a board)
·         Pens/Markers

If you are local, feel free to come into the studio during any Open Studio Session and create your own vision board!

There is no right way to create a vision board. Simply choose images that you connect with that represent how you want to feel, not just items you want to accumulate. (Those can be included as well but to a lesser degree). Include anything that motivates you! You cannot mess this up so just dive in and start creating. Remember to hang your vision board in a place you see it every day so that it can be most beneficial to you.

Tip: When creating any sort of collage I like to lay it out before I attach the images. This is less important if you are using tack since the images will be movable.


We used poster board and glue sicks for our boards in the studio, but I have also heard of people using tacks on builtin boards or foam core boards so that they can rearrange or replace goals as the year goes on. There is no wrong way to do this, it is your board just do what works best for you.
The important thing is that you visualize your goals, keep them in your thoughts, and attract them to manifest in your life!
Happy Dreaming!

As always I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject feel free to comment!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join the fun!

Join the fun!
Be sure to sign up for our news letter to receive updates on classes and events happening in the studio. You will also get creative inspirations from our blog. Plus when you sign up you get access to our creativity boosting freebies!

Sign up for updates

* indicates required